Are you a young woman that is looking to:
- Get more involved in the Connecticut community
- Join a board or commission
- Learn valuable leadership skills
Young Women Rising is very interested in helping you find and explore new leadership opportunities. We do this through:
- The CWCS’s Talent Bank. Make sure to head over and add your name and resume to the Talent Bank. The Talent Bank is used by elected officials to fill positions on State boards and commissions. It’s free and easy to sign up.
- Our newsletter. We aim to share volunteer board and commission openings* with you through our newsletter. Make sure you’re signed up so you don’t miss any opportunities of interest!
- Skill Building Events. Throughout the year we offer skills based events such as networking events. Stay tuned to our newsletter and social media for upcoming opportunities.
*Are you from a non-profit, government agency or business that is run by a board? We’d love to share any board or commission opportunities with our YWRising network. Young women bring valuable skills to leadership positions such as creativity and passion. Your group would benefit greatly by diversifying and adding some younger women to the mix.
Email us at email@example.com with information about your board/commission opportunity to be considered for inclusion in our newsletter.